Saturday, March 6, 2010

730 days


Aaron is 2 years old today. 730 days. I was thinking about it that way today for several reasons. First, because every day we have with him is a gift. Do I always feel that way? On the hard days...during sleepless nights....no, regretabbly not. But, MOST days, for at least a few minutes, I look at my little boy and marvel at how far he has come and how sickeningly close we came to losing him. And, Ifeel so grateful.


730 days because Aaron has taught me a lot about living in the moment. I am currently a mostly stay at home mom with no idea what the next year will bring. Those of you who know me, even a little, know that I have always been a girl with a 1, 5, 10 year plan. Not so much now. What do I know? I know that I will be the mom of two remarkable boys...I will watch Aaron play soccer or basketball or ride ponies. I will teach him to use the potty, teach him his colors, take him to preschool. I did not know that 730 days ago. It is enough. It is everything.


Aaron's 2nd birthday was amazing. He is so special. He had a great day, full of smiles and gave kisses and hugs to everyone. He even kissed Aunt Andrea via Skype. He is talking more every day. One of his favorite words is "Moooove" when he wants someone (often his big brother) to get out of his way. He seemed to really get that the day was all about him, and enjoyed it immensely. He danced along with Handy Manny, Beyonce, JT. He ate tacos like a champ. All in all...a perfectly wonderful typical 2 year birthday party...for an exceptional kid!

No comments: